It is through therapy that we come to understand how our experiences make our lives meaningful. Choosing a therapist isn't an easy task; I hope sharing my perspective helps. Over the last decade I have worked at universities, elementary schools, rehabilitation centers and group homes with children and adults from 7-70. These experiences have shown me that the right environment activates our innate capacity to mature and thrive. Therapy is not about "fixing" someone, it's about creating a space that supports growth.
My approach embraces the power of personality to facilitate change. Through active listening, I acknowledge the impact of daily experiences and encourage exploration. Like exercising - regular, creative dialogue yields new strengths and abilities. In this way, individuals find their own solutions that are more personal and dynamic than conventional CBT.
As you search for a therapist, consider me - I think you'll find me accessible, pragmatic, and insightful. If not, I'd be happy to refer you to someone who might be a better fit.
- Relationship Issues
- Family Conflict
- Mood Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Spirituality / Existential questions
77 Franklin Street,
Boston, MA 02110
- Cost per session: $150
- A reduced rate may be offered for clients with demonstrated need
- Eligible for out-of-network benefits if you have a PPO plan from certain insurances
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Post-Grad Fellowship from Massachusetts Institute for Psychoanalysis
- MA Psychoanalytic Counseling from Boston Graduate School of Psychoanalysis
- BA Political Science/Philosophy from Stonehill College