I practice with a Narrative Therapy approach.
I believe that the problem is the problem and you are not the problem. I will work to open up space between you and the problem you are experiencing. Externalizing the problem creates new possibilities for interacting with the problem in a way that empowers you to have more agency in your life. I will work to help you develop a preferred storyline that is more in line with the hopes, beliefs and values that you hold dear, and work toward living life within that storyline instead of the problem-saturated story.
I have six years of experience working with children, teens and adults who struggle with depression, anxiety, trauma, and other mental health concerns. I am particularly passionate about working with teenagers, folks who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or gender non-conforming and people in the poly community. Free 2 hour street parking. Also several areas of meter parking. Easy access from bus lines.
- LGBQ issues
- Life transitions
- Relationship issues
- Transgender issues
661 Massachusetts Ave,
Arlington, MA 02476
- Cost per session: $150
- A reduced rate may be offered for clients with demonstrated need
- Eligible for out-of-network benefits if you have a PPO plan from certain insurances
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker
- Master of Social Work from Simmons College, 2010
- B.S. in Brain and Cognitive Science and Women's Studies from MIT, 2008