Dr. Elizabeth Driscoll
I believe the decision to seek help from a therapist is one that takes tremendous courage. My goal is to provide my clients with a safe and supportive environment in which to explore the issues causing them discomfort. I view therapy as a collaborative relationship between client and therapist to help foster the client's self-discovery and self-acceptance. My goal is to assist my clients to develop an authentic sense of themselves, authentic relationships with others, and a meaningful purpose in their world.
In my work with children, adolescents, adults and families, I have helped clients recognize recurrent patterns in their life that cause acute or chronic stress. In hospitals, schools, and community mental health settings, I have helped clients who struggle with eating disorders, depression, anxiety, loss and grief, trauma and PTSD.
As Clinical Director at Monte Nido and as Staff Psychologist at Cambridge Eating Disorder Center, my expertise in treating eating disorders and associated diagnoses was broadened to include the entire spectrum of care. My office is conveniently located in Harvard Square. Please feel free to call for an initial phone consultation.
Sophia Client Reviews
Elizabeth has worked with 4 Sophia clients dealing with anxiety or eating disorders
- "She is compassionate and direct." (male in 30s, anxiety)
- "I like that she seems very qualified and experienced. She has a method, and keeps the sessions structured by asking specific questions during our couples therapy sessions. She makes both my boyfriend and I very comfortable, which helps us open up and share. She does a good job addressing our issues, but not picking sides." (female in 30s, infidelity)
- "She is compassionate and encouraging." (female in 20s, eating disorder)
22 Hilliard St, Cambridge, MA 02138
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Psychologist (PhD) from UNC - Chapel Hill
- 7 years in practice
- Pre- and post-doctoral training at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and the Cambridge Eating Disorder Center
- Cost per session:
$200 for first two sessions (intake and evaluation), $180 ongoing