For the last fifteen years Jenny Sandwick has been working with kids and families. She’s been exceptionally effective with young and very young children, a trusted confidant for adolescents, and a resource for families in crisis.
Part of Jenny’s effectiveness lies in the fact that she “gets it.” That is, she really understands what’s happening with kids. They view her as a bridge to making their lives smoother and safer. She creates structure, helps reduce anxiety; teaches them to have more control over their behavior and feelings. They get into fewer conflicts, less “trouble,” and have happier days at home and in school.
She is especially adept at helping parents of very young children understand and treat problems while their children are preschoolers or in day care, in preparation for the demands of elementary school. Preschoolers are very comfortable with her; an artifact of the years she spent teaching in preschool programs.
Older children and adolescents
Jenny consults with schools; she understands their requirements. She will work with you and your children’s school to resolve problems, and create strategies to help your child deal more successfully with the school day, more productively in coursework.
- your preschooler is running the household
- you walk on egg shells around your kids
- tantrums erupt daily, over most everything
- your older child or adolescent’s grades are plummeting
- your son or daughter has lost interest in outside activities
- you’ve been asked to come to school, again
- the family is dealing with serious illness, or death of a relative or friend
- you’ve just made a major move of home or city
- you’re concerned about helping the kids get through your divorce
- Child or Adolescent
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
1340 Center Street
Newton, MA 02459
- Cost per session: $200
- If you have a PPO plan, your insurance may cover a substantial portion of the costs of therapy through out-of-network benefits
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)