Dr. Jeremy Clyman
If you’re scanning my profile that means you’re in some sort of psychological distress that deserves support and resolution.
I invite you to consult with me if your treatment goals and concerns align with the topics listed under “specialties.”
Through a warm but focused conversational style, I utilize the latest clinical research and theory to construct a collaborative and personally-tailored treatment plan aimed at symptom relief and performance enhancement. I help individuals, couples and families (from adolescents through to older adults).
I spend the first few sessions clarifying the agenda. Perhaps your issue is straightforward, like an emerging depressive episode clearly driven by a major life change. Or perhaps your presenting concerns or relatively more vague and complex like a long-time pattern of anxiety and self-destructive behaviors.
I can provide short-term or long-term treatment plans to meet your unique needs through a balanced and blended approach of insight-generating exploration and concrete skills-building. The end result is a healthier and happier version of self - complete with greater self-awareness, more adaptive behavioral patterns, and a more effective approach to managing negative emotions, difficult relationships, and external life stressors/adversity.
The core of my doctoral and post-doctoral training revolves around the most empirically-supported and contemporary treatment protocols for general psychological distress - Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Feel free to google these terms if you would like to learn more prior to an initial appointment.
- Depression & Major Life Transition Stress
- Grief & Loss
- Uncontrollable Worry & Panic Attacks
- OCD & Indecision-Rumination-Doubt
- Social Anxiety and/or School Avoidance
- ADHD and Academic or Work Stress
- Parental or Caregiver Burnout
- Marital Distress & Infidelity
- High-Conflict Divorce
- LGBTQ Adjustment and Stigma Stress
- Adolescents, College-Graduate Students, Adults
- Individual, Couples & Family Treatment Modalities
10 Concord Avenue,
Cambridge, MA 02474
529 Summer Street,
Arlington, Massachusetts 02474
- Cost per session: $150 - $225
- A reduced rate may be offered for clients with demonstrated need
- Eligible for out-of-network benefits if you have a PPO plan
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
PsyD in Cinical Psychology (Yeshiva University; 2014)
Post-doctoral Fellowship in Forensic Psychology (CAFES; 2016)