For over 30 years I've been helping people overcome obstacles that seem insurmountable. I have special expertise in substance abuse treatment, mindfulness-based therapy and the treatment of emotional issues related to physical illness. My dual background in Public Health and Social Work allows me to help people with combined emotional and health problems. I'm a strong proponent of family and community support when acceptable to my clients.
Cognitive behavioral, psychodynamic and mindfulness approaches are the most powerful tools I use. The most therapeutic thing I have to offer, though, is a genuine willingness to listen to how you see yourself. The years have made me accepting, informal, relaxed and non-judgmental.
My practice is based on long and varied experience. I've run programs, trained therapists and watched many treatment fads come and go. I'm not easy to shock and welcome the opportunity to help. Feel free to call. I'd be happy to consult with you on the phone.
- Chronic illness
- Life Transitions
- Substance Use in Recovery (or helping a family member with substance use)
1171 Washington Street,
Newton, Massachusetts 02465
- Cost per session: $100
- Accepts private payments and PPO/POS insurance plans from certain insurances as an out-of-network provider
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Licensed Social Worker (LICSW)
- MSW - Boston University School of Social Work - 1986
- MPH - Boston University School of Public Health - 1984