"How do I find the right therapist?" has likely wandered across your thoughts recently. Through our work together, you'll learn to identify & listen to the intuitive inner voice that can begin guiding you confidently through the challenges of life. I specialize in using mindfulness-based, insight-oriented modalities so that you will become aware of the things that are interfering with feeling better, which will empower you to use your strengths to make the necessary changes to move forward. I value collaboration in addressing your current difficulties, and most importantly, fostering insight of how things have come to be.
I support but also challenge my clients, who consider me to be genuine and attentive. While I've helped write national general-licensing exams for other therapists, my specialization is rooted in the idea that being aware of things in the present (instead of focusing on past regrets & future worries) allows us to deal with distressing situations with a more flexible and gratifying mindset. My 12+ years of practicing empirically-based Western psychology is integrated with over a decade of contemplative training with some of the world’s most well-respected mindfulness teachers. I recently spent two years living and meditating in monasteries in Asia, an endeavor partially funded by the American Mindfulness Research Association.
With my experience as a Mindfulness Specialist, I founded the Mindful Living Center to help busy Bostonians find balance through an integrative approach to wellness. Our Back Bay office is accessed easily by car, located 200 feet from the Arlington T Station (Green Line), and within 10 minutes’ walk from Red and Orange Lines. I’d welcome a call from you to answer any questions about how I might be able to help.
- Relationship Issues
- Anxiety & Stress
- Life transitions
- Career Pressures
399 Boylston St, 9th Floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02116
- Cost per session: $195
- Certain insurance plans may cover my services as an out-of-network provider
- Please inquire about sliding scale
QUALIFICATIONS & TRAINING
- Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) in MA and WA States
- Advanced Training in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice
- Fully DBT-Trained at UW Harborview Medical Center
- Experience Offering Mindfulness Instruction with a Holistic Approach
- Psychology Degree (B.A.) from Duke University and Master’s in Clinical Social Work (M.S.W.) from Smith College
- American Mindfulness Research Association Grant Recipient